We are looking for an enthusiastic student intern staff writer to join our editorial team. You will work closely with the editor-in-chief, reporters and freelancers.
As a staff writer, you should be able to perform thorough research on various topics and have a keen eye for detail.
Ultimately, you should be able to deliver good quality content like news posts, reviews and features.
- Perform research on different topics
- Analyze and interpret findings by breaking down data
- Uncover newsworthy stories
- Write content with readers needs in mind
- Ensure your pieces are accurate and objective
- Establish contacts and sources to use in future research
- Maintain notes in written or electronic form
- Contribute to content idea generation for publication
- Stay up-to-date with local, national and international affairs
- Proven work experience as a staff writer or reporter
- Demonstrable portfolio of published articles
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search and databases)
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fact-check information
- Good observation skills
- Broad knowledge of headlines
- High school diploma; preferably Second or third year university or college student in journalism, communications or relevant field
This is a non-paid internship in a new startup launching in Canada’s National Capital. Our company will be branching to campuses across Canada and the United States within the first year and internationally soon after. This is a 3 month internship which will require you to be available some evenings, weekends, and during the week, we will work around your schedule. Maximum of 5 hours per a week.
What does the intern receive?
- Full accreditation on our site articles, YouTube and film production
- Your work with us may be submitted as school assignments
- Real life experience to be added to your profile and resume
- Exclusive access to special events
- Networking potential
- Opportunity to work with us fulltime in a paid position
- Transportation, meals and other expanses may be compensated