We are looking for a talented student intern video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- High school diploma; preferably second or third year university or college student in film studies, cinematography or related field
This is a non-paid internship in a new startup launching in Canada’s National Capital. Our company will be branching out to campuses across Canada and the United States within the first year and internationally soon after. This is a 3 month internship which will require you to be available some evenings, weekends, and during the week, we will work around your schedule. Maximum 5 hours per a week.
What does the intern receive?
- Full media accreditation on our site, YouTube and film production
- Your work with us may be submitted as school assignments
- Real life experience to be added to your profile and resume
- Exclusive access to special events
- Networking potential
- Opportunity to work with us fulltime in a paid position