We are looking for a competent administrative assistant that will work directly under the director of operations.;
- Administrative assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
- May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
- May organize conferences.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries
previous clerical experience is required.
This is a paid position in a new startup launching in Canada’s National Capital. Our company will be branching to campuses across Canada and the United States within the first year and internationally soon after. This position has a 3 month probationary period. This is a full-time position and salary depends on your experience. You are required to be available from Monday to Friday from 9 am – 5 pm and some evenings.
What does the assistant receive?
- After the 3 month probationary period, you may be offered a benefits package
- Exclusive access to special events